Methi Pakodas :
1. 2 cups fresh Methi leaves (chopped Fenugreek)
2. 2 onion, 3 green chillies - chopped finely
3. Ginger n Garlic paste - 1 tsp
4. 1/2 tsp turmeric(haldi) powder
5. 3 cups besan (chickpea flour)
6. 1/2 cup rawa (fine semolina)
7. 1/2 tsp fruit salt (soda)
8. 4 tbsp fresh curd
9. 1/2 tsp ajwain seeds
10. 1 tsp amchur powder
11. Oil for frying
12. Salt to taste n Water (as needed) to make batter
Mix all the ingredients except soda.
Make a batter with water. Start with just 1/2 cup water, keep stirring or mixing well, then keep adding water a little at a time till you get semi-solid batter. When you hold it in your hand, it should not drop, nor should it be hard enough to be shaped. Its better to use less water than more, and make sure the batter is not thin.
Now add the fruit salt(soda) and mix well.
Heat oil for deep frying, drop gently the batter to the hot oil,fry until they turns golden brown, drain the excess of oil with a paper towel and enjoy with sweet n sour chutney....
Sweet n Sour Chutney:-
1. 4-5 fresh tomatoes - chopped finely
2. 1/2 cup peanuts - roasted and ground
3. 1/2 cup (split pea) chana daal
4. 2 nos. onion - chopped
5. 2 tsp Ginger-garlic chopped
6. 3 green chilies, few curry patta
7. 2 tsp cumin n mustard seeds8. 1 tsp turmeric powder
9. 2 tsp tamarind pulp
10. 1 1/2 tsp sugar n salt to taste
11. Water as needed.
Heat oil in a pan, then add cumin and mustard seeds. Then add the chana dal, and when it starts spluttering, add the chopped onions n curry patta. Saute for a minute, then add the roasted and ground peanuts. Add the chopped ginger-garlic,green chilies, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, salt and sugar and mix well. Finally add the chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Allow to cook till the tomatoes are almost soft and mashed. Remove from heat and allow to cool for some time. Now add this mixture to a blender and blend it to form a smooth paste. The chutney will still have some chunky pieces because of the chana dal and peanuts, but that adds crunch.
Serve this chutney with hot methi pakodas.