All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 cup
2-3 tsp warm Oil or Ghee
Milk - 1/2 cup to knead the dough
Salt to taste
- For the dough, take maida and salt in a wide bowl. Add little warm oil to it and mix or rub well with fingers. Add milk little by little to prepare it into a soft dough. Cover with a wet cloth and keep aside for half-an-hour.
For Stuffing :-
Potato - 1 large size (Cut into small cubes)
Mushroom - 1 cup (chopped into small size)
Onion chopped - 1 no.
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
Green Chilly chopped - 2-3 nos.
Roasted Peanuts - 1/4 cup
Roasted Fennel powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Any curry powder - 1/4 tsp (I've used here Everest powder) (Optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- For the stuffing, Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil. Seasoned mustard seeds in it, when it start to crackle add chopped onion and sprinkle little salt. Saute for a while. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry. Add chopped potato, haldi powder, green chilly chopped, chopped mushroom and mix it and cover a lid for 2 minutes. After that remove the cover and stir it. Cook it in high-medium flame. When the potatoes are half cooked add the roasted fennel powder, peanuts, curry powder and mix well. Cook for more 5 mins and switch off the flame.
- Now divide the dough into small equal balls. Roll it by a rolling pin and cut from middle. Take one half and fold it in conical shape and filled with stuffing. Spread little water on the edges by your finger tips and seal it tightly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put the samosa into the oil, when it is medium hot. Deep fry them until they turn to golden brown in a low-medium flame. Don't fry on high flame, otherwise it will burnt from outer side and the inner side will not cook properly.
- Remove from flame and soak in absorbent paper. Serve hot Samosa with green chutney or ketch-up.
Enjoy it !!! Happy Cooking.... :) :) :)