Saturday 16 August 2014

Makka Besara (Sweet Corn in Mustard Paste Gravy)


Wish all my friends a Happy Independence Day...Jai Hind !!!

I've prepared this recipe in 15th August for an e-event of my food group "Odisha Cuisines n Culinaries" in Facebook.....and make to try present in a tri-colour platter.. 

"BESARA" is a traditional authentic Odiya Cusine of my state "Odisha"...Besara has the mild mustard flavour and a little tangyness from the dried mangoes and the heat from the green chillies...Here I've gave a little twist to my recipe..The outcome result is awesome in taste..So, freinds try it out in your kitchen n Enjoy the flavour..:) :) :)

Ingredients :-
Makka (Corn) - 1 cup (here I've used Frozen one)
Potato - 1 no. (Cut into small cubes)
Onion finely chopped - 1 no.
Grated Paneer (Cheese) - 1-2 tsp
Green Chilly - 2 nos. (as your choice)
Dahi / Curd - 1/2 cup
Sugar - a pinch
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Mustard Oil - 1-2 tsp
Salt to taste

Mustard Paste - 2 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp Cumin seeds, 2 green chillies, 8 garlic cloves. Soak mustard seeds in little vinegar for about 15 minutes and then grind into a fine smooth paste.

Method :-
Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion, haldi and saute for 2-3 mins. Add chopped potato cubes and fry till light golden in colour. Then add the mustad paste and saute for a min. Add 1 cup water to it, add salt to taste. Let it boil about 5-8 mins in  a medium flame. Now add corn n grated paneer, mix it well. Add dahi, green chilly(slited)  and cook for more 2 mins. Switch off the flame and Serve with steamed rice or roti.

{Here I've keep the gravy consistency little thick, any one can make it little watery if want.}  

Here is presenting my tri-colour triranga platter...:)


No comments:

Post a Comment