Baingan (Eggplant) - 3-4 nos. (Small ones)
Fresh Curd - 1 cup
Green chilly - 2-3 nos. (chopped finely)
Black salt - a pinch
Salt to taste
Sugar a pinch
Haldi (Turmeric powder) - 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
For Tempering :-
Mustard oil - 1 tsp
Panch Phutan - 1 tsp
Dry Red chilly - 2 nos.
HIng (Asafoetida) - a pinch
Curry leaves few
For Garnishing :-
Roasted Cumin n Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped
- Take small size of baingan. Cut into four halves from the bottom side to upper end, don't cut its stem. Marinate it with little haldi n salt for a minutes.
- Heat oil and deep fry the baingan till it golden brown in colour and softens, keep aside.
- Now take curd in a wide bowl and beat it well. Add salt, sugar, green chilly, black salt and mix it well.
- Then put the fried baingan into the curd.
- For tempering, heat oil in a tadka pan. Add panch phutan, red chilly, hing, curry leaves and let it crackle. Then pour it to the curd and mix.
- Garnish with roasted cumin, red chilly powder and coriander leaves.