Its a twisted version of "POTATO ROSTI" which is very famous in Swiss Cuisine. In Switzerland, they specially use it for their breakfast with simple grated potatoes, oil and salt. Now a days its also available in many restaurants of western world. I've just add little twist here to make it more spicy n yummy. It can prepare with parboil potatoes or raw grated potatoes. Any one can also add processed Cheese to it. In my next post I'll definitely share with you that cheese version. Till then Happy Cooking n Happy Blogging Friends !!!
Potato - 2 big size
(Parboil the potatoes in water until just tender, don't over boil it. Cool it at room temperature OR you can use left over boiled potatoes in your fridge. Just peel the skin of potatoes and grate it with a large hole hand grater as coarsely.)
Onion chopped - 1 no.
Green Chilly chopped - 2-3 nos.
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Amchur Powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil / Olive oil - 1-2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Add red chilly powder, pepper powder, amchur powder n salt to the coarsely grated potatoes. Mix it well with the help of two forks gently.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, when it start to splutter add the chopped onion, chopped green chilly and saute for a while.
- Put the grated potatoes to the pan and press it lightly with a spatula in a form of round shape.
- Cover with a lid and cook it for about 5 mins in a low flame.
- Flip the back side very carefully with the help of a serving plate or spatula and cook for more 5 mins. till it became light golden brown in colour.
- Switch off the flame and transfer it to a serving plate. Sprinkle little lemon juice with mint leaves and Serve hot with any chutney, rice or as your choice. Enjoy it !!!!