Phula Kobi Patra (Cauliflower leaves) - 1 bunch (wash and clean it properly and then finely chop)
Baingan (Brinjal) - 1 medium size (finely chopped)
Masoor Dal (Pink lentil) - 1/4 cup (soaked in water about 20 mins)
Onion - 1 no. (thinly sliced)
Garlic cloves - 6-8 pods (Crushed)
Green chilly - 2 nos.
Dry Red chilly -1 nos.
Tomato - 2 nos. (I've used here 4 nos. of baby tomatoes)
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan. Add the cumin-mustard seeds and red chilly. When it start to splutter, add the onion slices, crushed garlic, chopped green chilly, soaked masoor dal and saute for a few minutes.
- Now add the chopped brinjal and mix well. Add the chopped Kobi patra, sprinkle salt to taste and cook in medium flame about 5-8 minutes.
- When the leaves get cooked, add the chopped tomatoes and cook more 2-3 minutes in high-medium flame.
- Any one can also add fried crushed badi (Urad dal Wadi) and then switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, Pakhal bhat etc.